Christmas is a time when people are thinking of happy times shared with their loved ones. To help celebrate, honour and remember the lives of loved ones no longer with us, we have created our Hearts of Gold Christmas Appeal. You can make a donation online or by text which will help Welsh Hearts continue with our work.
Whether you have lost a loved one or whether you donate an amount as a special gift this Christmas – you will be helping us to achieve our Hearts of Gold target. Here are some ideas for donating and/or fundraising for our Hearts of Gold appeal this Christmas:
◦ For anyone who has lost a loved one you can celebrate a loved one’s life by leaving a Hearts of Gold dedication on our website and remembering your loved one this Christmas.
◦ You may wish to donate to Hearts of Gold in lieu of sending Christmas cards this year.
◦ Attend one of our fundraising events this Christmas.
◦ Take part in our discounted/free Will campaign this Christmas and either make a donation to Welsh Hearts and/or leave a special legacy to us as part of your Will.
◦ Donate online.
◦ Simply text HEARTS to 70085 to donate £10 or Simply text BENSCREENING to 70085 to donate £5, or, if you wish to donate a different amount, for example, £2 just text HEARTS 2 to the same number 70085.
Ben’s family said: “On the 7th of October 2018 our world was completely turned upside down when our brother Ben McDonald died at the finish line of the Cardiff Half Marathon. He was 25 years old, fit and healthy, and his death has left our family shattered. If you didn’t know Ben then you need to know he was amazing! He was funny, generous, caring, effortlessly cool, adventurous and always smiling, an incredible son, brother, uncle grandson and friend. If you didn’t have the chance to meet him then you missed out on someone really special.”
“We chose Welsh Hearts because we believe in the work that they are doing to install defibrillators across Wales and to offer heart screening. Ben was also so proud to be Welsh!’
Sadly, Ben’s family and hundreds of other families have suffered these tragic losses and all they now have is a legacy. We need your help to reduce this suffering and turn their horrific experiences into positive change. Encourage your family, friends, colleagues to have their heart screened
Donate to this Campaign